Monarch Kids’ Club
The Monarch Kids’ Club is a place for fun and exploration for children ages 3 through 12. The program was designed to reflect Bacara’s beautiful and native surroundings, including its natural beaches, rolling hills and rich Chumash history.
Neighboring Bacara is the Ellwood Butterfly Preserve. Each year Monarch butterflies migrate to the preserve for their over-wintering time. Just as the preserve fosters a warm and safe habitat for the butterflies, our Monarch Kids’ Club is a haven for children to learn and explore. Monarchs, much like our guests, retreat to Bacara to bask in the sea and sun.
Activities are carefully planned based on age, number of kids and weather. Examples include:
• Arts and crafts
• Outdoor games
• Treasure hunts
• Science experiments
• Nature walks through our Chumash Nature Trail
Schedule & Fees
• Memorial Day to Labor Day, Friday through Sunday only
• Full Day (9am-4pm): $99 per child, includes snacks and lunch
• Morning Half Day (9am – 1pm): $60 per child, includes snacks (lunch can be added for $15 per child)
• Afternoon Half Day (Noon – 4pm): $60 per child, includes snacks (lunch can be added for $15 per child)
Reservations are required 48 hours in advance. Last minute requests will be accommodated based on availability. Please contact Concierge Services at 805-571-3012 for details. Please note: Kids’ Club will not be available on the following weekends: July 14-16 and August 11-13.
Please click here to view our event calendar.