Wellness for your body and mind
Fitness and recreation by Bacara
Hailed as one of the finest spas in the world, The Spa at Bacara is spectacular in every way, from its beautiful architecture and incredible array of services to its expert staff. Learn more about our award-winning spa here. Our fitness center is open 24 hours a day for guests to enjoy.
Guests can enjoy year-round access to Bacara’s world-class amenities by joining The Club at Bacara. In addition to discounts on luxurious guestrooms, soothing spa services, and decadent dinners, membership provides unprecedented access to Bacara’s oceanfront pools, tennis courts, and spa amenities.
Our Cardio Equipment Includes:
- 10 Precor Treadmills
- 8 Precor Ellipticals
- 1 Precor Climber
- 3 Precor Recumbent Bikes
- 3 Precor Upright Bikes
- 1 Stairmaster Stepmill
- 1 Concept 2 Rower
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Classes
- Class Descriptions
- Fitness Vacation
The facilities at our fitness resort include a 3,500 square foot cardiovascular and strength training center, yoga and Pilates studios, and four Har-Tru surface tennis courts.
The Spa at Bacara is pleased to provide Precor P80 cardiovascular equipment, equipped with state-of-the-art software designed to personalize your fitness experience, including a touchscreen console with a 15″ TV Screen and iPhone®/iPod® compatibility (similar to a high-end phone or tablet) and a simple, intuitive interface that draws users deeper into their workout.
Other Fitness Resort Amenities Include:
• Full Pilates Studio with Cadillac Reformers and mat-based classes
• Fitness classes (both group and private), including strength and cardio training, yoga, Pilates, beachside boot camp, meditation, and nature walks. Additional instruction is available in a variety of disciplines, such as low-impact aerobics, Tai Chi, aqua-aerobics, Chi Gong, core training, partners yoga, and enhanced Pilates with Cadillac, Chair, and Barrel equipment
• Personalized wellness programs; private one-on-one training
• Private classes for wedding parties the day before the big event
• A full line of Cybex strength training equipment, as well as free weights
Continue your mind-body renewal at Bacara Resort with fitness activities designed to help you achieve your goals.
Fitness classes and walks, private and semi-private Pilates and yoga sessions, and personal training sessions are available.
For more details about Bacara’s fitness resort, view our latest Group Fitness Classes. View our December fitness schedule. A $15 fee will apply for each group fitness class (Pilates Reformer class on Saturdays is $35).
• Destination Transformation
Bacara offers a wide range of activities designed to renew both body and mind. Our unique Destination Transformation program provides expert guidance from dedicated Wellness Choreographers to assist you in achieving your health and fitness goals. Your customized program will include strength and cardio training in addition to spa and nutritional recommendations. Please contact the Spa for more information regarding fees and appointment availability.
• Private Pilates, Yoga, and More
Private sessions are available for all Mind, Body, & Wellness activities in addition to Pilates Reformer. Semi-private sessions for two or more people are also available. Please contact our Spa Desk at 805.571.4210 for pricing and details. (50 min, $130 / 80 min, $190)
• Personal Training
Train with one of Bacara’s Fitness Professionals. Whether your goal is to slim down or tone up, our Certified Personal Trainers will give you a custom-designed workout you can take home. (50 min, $130 / 80 min, $190)
• Aqua Fit: An aquatic shallow water class that incorporates aqua-bells, aqua-joggers and resistive water exercises. There will be an emphasis on whole body movements designed to mimic everyday activities using your lower and upper body extremities. (50 min)
• Yoga Sculpt:Boost metabolism and build lean muscle mass as you move to upbeat tracks. You’ll combine free weights with vinyasa flow sequencing to intensify each pose while mixing in strength-training moves like squats, lunges and bicep curls. (50 min)
• Beachside Yoga: A stimulating and energizing, yet physically restorative class designed for all level yoga students who want to increase their stamina and deepen their practice. (80 minutes)
• Pilates Mat & Props: Pilates class in studio 1 blending mat work, balls, & more! (50 min)
• Pilates Reformer*: Experience Pilates on the Reformer-a specifically designed exercise apparatus utilizing springs to provide added resistance. Class is limited to five participants, reservations required, * $35 per person for a scheduled group class. Refer to the wellness pricing menu for a private class. No Pilates experience is necessary. (50 minutes)
• Pilates Mat: The basics of Pilates are broken down to help isolate, stabilize and tone your core muscles. Stretch and strengthen your way to better posture and well-being. All levels welcome. (50 minutes)
• Integrating Pilates: Activating the pelvic girdle, diaphramic rim of the rib cage, shoulder girdle and eyes, the central nervous system is stimulated through spine movement, strength and flexibility blending into core stabilization and mobility. Integrating pilates develops an individual’s balance in standing and centering; body/brain integration through isolated, controlled and expressive movement with awareness and mindfulness
• Flow and Restorative Yoga: Come stretch, strengthen, tone and rejuvenate with a “yoga flow” class where we will slowly move through sun salutations and classic yoga poses. Following will be a 25 minute relaxing “restorative yoga session”. Feel free to come to one or stay forboth. No previous yoga experience needed!(55 min followed by 25 min)
• TRX: Suspension training using your body weight to perform countless exercises to get a comprehensive full body workout. Excellent class for building muscle, burning fat, and making your body a machine! (50 min)
• Yoga: Therapeutically effective and physically transformative yoga practice is intended to increase your flexibility, strength, balance, and mental awareness. All levels. (50 min)
• Yoga Integration Training: Class incorporates a variety of tness and wellness components, including mindfulness and meditation, pyramid fundamentals (alignment, ow, breath, natural focus) and total body (upper body, lower body, core) targeted workout stations. All levels. (50 min)
• 360 Power Blast: Fast-paced functional training work out that combines dynamic flexibility, strength training, power, agility, core strengthening, and cardio. Multi-level class (50 min)
• 360 Classic: This class for a classic crowd. It touches on all phases of what a mature body needs to maximize quality of life. Main focuses include balance & coordination, functional strength training, posture, heart health, joint mobility, and flexibility. 360 Classic emphasizes variety, quality, and safety over all else. This is a great beginning class to get started, or to keep you moving at just the right pace. Come get a safe and effective workout while improving your life in and out of the gym!
• Spin: Indoor cycling that provides a fun and challenging cardiovascular workout for all ages & fitness levels.Adjust your own levels to work at the pace that’s right for you, and get a great sweaty butt kicking workout! (50 min)
Join us for 4-day & 6-day Wellness Retreats at Bacara Resort
Bacara is pleased to announce our exciting partnership with Sky Ranch Fitness that offers our guests a premier wellness experience. This comprehensive program is designed to help you jumpstart your fitness goals while relaxing in the natural splendor of Santa Barbara, CA.
Through daily local hikes and fitness training, healthy cuisine, luxurious spa treatments, and the opportunity to explore some of the area’s most notable sites and restaurants, guests will receive highly personalized care, as well as the tools needed to extend the benefits of their program long after their retreat.
Sky Ranch Fitness Vacation Includes:
• 4 or 6 nights’ accommodations at Bacara Resort & Spa
• Fitness training and assessments
• Healthy gourmet cuisine & snacks
• Scenic daily hikes
• Therapeutic spa treatments at The Spa at Bacara
• Wine tasting & chef’s dinner at Foley Winery
• Personal coaching
• All-inclusive rates: 4-day program $2,800 (double occupancy), $3,700 (single occupancy) // 6-day program $3,900 (double occupancy), $5,100 (single occupancy)
• Bacara Guest Special: Register with code “BACARA4” to receive a complimentary room upgrade and $300 spa credit during your retreat.
• Reserve your retreat at www.skyranchfitness.com