With a view of sunny golden beaches and Kauai's closest hotel accommodations to the waterfront, Ko'a Kea is an intimate resort where guests can experience the authentic essence of Hawaiian culture with the charms of island hospitality and a comfort that embodies the aloha spirit. It's with great pride and honor that Ko'a Kea has been voted the top Resort in Kauai and No. 3 Resort in Hawaii a by Travel + Leisure Magazine (2018).
Ko'a Kea Hotel & Resort is located on the south shores of Kauai on Po'ipu Beach. Po’ipu with its literal Hawaiian meaning “crashing waves,” features the sunniest part of the island of Kauai. Although Kauai is known for having one of the wettest spots on earth, Poipu remains sunny throughout most of the year. The sun, beaches, cool trade winds and fun tropical cocktails are a combination for perfect days year round. The beaches of Po’ipu are perfect for all sun-seekers. From surf, to underwater sea caverns and coral reefs, to sandy sots to just soak in the Hawaiian sun, the beaches of Po’ipu welcome all.
Represented by coral found throughout the resort, Ko'a Kea Resort & Spa embodies rebirth and rejuvenation as the Kauai's closest hotel accommodations to the water. From the sand to the guest rooms, you'll find delicate touches that keep true to the essence of Hawaii while welcoming a sense of romantic relaxation.
- 121 boutique oceanfront, ocean view, and garden view guest rooms with balcony or patio
- Rejuvenate at The Spa at Ko'a Kea with natural treatments using indigenous ingredients
- Tropical pool with panoramic ocean views, outdoor bar and lava rock hot tub
- Oceanside fire pits outfitted with oversized Adirondack chairs
- Award-winning Red Salt Restaurant features locally-sourced Hawaiian ingredients for dishes with a modern take
- Fitness studio featuring treadmills, elliptical trainers, recumbent bikes, and free weights
- Onsite Hoku Watersports hut offering rentals for bicycles, beach chairs, umbrellas, snorkels, and stand-up paddleboards or let the team take you out for a surf lesson or outrigger canoe ride.
- 700 square foot Ko'a Meeting Room boasts private space for up to 24 attendees, lounge area, and a private in-suite bathroom
- Conveniently located near Poi’pu Beach’s attractions including Pacific Ocean, Poipu Beach Park, local golf courses, state parks, art galleries, the Poi’pu shopping village and more
Press & Awards
- Gold Badge of Honor 2019, US News & World Report
- Top Resort In Kauai & #3 In Hawaii, Travel + Leisure 2018 World’s Best Awards 2018
- Best Resorts in Hawai’i, Conde Nast Traveler 2018
- Best Hotels of 2018 & Gold Badge of Honor, US News & World Report
- #48 - The Top 100 Hotels in the World, Travel + Leisure
- #1 - The Best Resorts in Hawai’i, Travel + Leisure
- Top 10% - Best Hotel: Elite Gold Status, US News & World Report
- #25 - 2017 Travelers Choice Award, TripAdvisor
- #3 - Best Kaua’i Hotels, US News & World Report
- #4 - Best Resorts in Hawai’i, Conde Nast Traveler
- Best Kauai Restaurant, Honolulu Magazine 2017 Hale ‘Aina Awards
- Best Overall Restaurant, OpenTable Diners’ Choice Awards
- #1 - Readers Choice Awards - Best Boutique Hotels in Kaua’i, Hawai’i Magazine
- Top Chefs to Watch, Modern Luxury Hawai’i