Huntington Beach, California celebrates the holidays like nowhere else – and we’ve rounded up the Top 5 Beachy Ways to make your visit memorably merry. An ideal home base from which to explore all that Surf City USA has to offer, Paséa Hotel & Spa is steps from the beach and all the holiday happenings.
1. Pacific City -Cool Yule: Pacific City, just next door to Paséa Hotel & Spa, offers amazing oceanfront shops, restaurants, and fun community events – like Santa skydiving in to kick off the Pacific City Have a Cool Yule event series. The big guy and his elves will be there all season for things like photos with Santa (kids and pups!), a cookie decorating party, and secret special appearances. Check out Pacific City Have a Cool Yule to see everything they have planned to make the season magical.
2. Cool Yule Tree Lighting: November 29 - Be part of the first annual Cool Yule Tree Lighting overlooking the Pacific Coast Highway andfeaturing artisan vendors, giveaways, and festive crafts. Join holiday carolers, singing Santa Claus, and special guests for complimentary hot cocoa and cookies as a 30-foot-tall tree is lit.
- MAKE IT A COOL YULE DAY
- 2:00-3:00pm Pacific City Ocean Deck - Clifton Dance Project performs an abridged version of their annual performance of "The Grinch."
- 2:00-4:00pm Pacific City Ocean Deck - Make a fun and festive craft, then get your arm adorned with a holiday glitter tattoo.
- 4:00-5:00pm - Join our carolers as we spread holiday cheer for all to hear around Pacific City.
- 5:20-5:45pm Paséa Hotel & Spa Lobby - Catch the carolers as they serenade guests before the Official Tree Lighting Ceremony.
- 5:45-6:30pm Paséa Hotel & Spa Ocean Lawn - Feel the holiday cheer while sipping hot cocoa, enjoying the carolers and singing Santa, and taking in the beauty of the tree lighting with special guests
3. Huntington Harbour Boat Parade - December 14th & 15th, 5:15pm
Grab a seat on the beach to see all the boats decked out in their holiday finery for the 57th annual Huntington Harbour Boat Parade. A Huntington Beach holiday tradition, boats are awarded trophies for a variety of themes, including: Best Tribute to Theme, Best Animation, Most Whimsical, Best First-Time Entry, and more. The theme of this year’s parade is “Rock and Roll Fantasy.”
4. Fabulous Friday Champagne Shuttle: November 29 - Kick off your Fabulous Friday shopping with a little bubbly and a luxurious lift to South Coast Plaza. We’ll gather in the Paséa Hotel & Spa lobby at 11:00am to hand out flutes of champagne for the ride to South Coast Plaza (tentative 11:30am arrival at SCP), along with welcome folders and gift with purchase vouchers for all guests partaking in the experience. You’ll enjoy four-and-a-half hours of fantastic shopping before boarding the shuttle at 4:00pm for a tentative 4:30pm arrival back at Paséa Hotel & Spa. Mention shopping package. Those looking for a lavish shopping experience love the Sleigh All Day Shopping Package the resort offers.
5. Santa Paws Event Pawty at 5th & PCH - December 7th, 12:00-3:00pm - Grab your family – four-legged members included! – and head to 5th & PCH for an afternoon of fun in the sun. Enjoy food samples, dog adoptions and vendor booths, and a chance to say to Santa and Mrs. Clause. 5th & PCH are proudly partnering with Waggin’ Trails Rescue Foundation to help rescue companion animals from overcrowded California shelters and abandonment situations. Come join the fun and benefit a great cause! Thos traveling with their furry friend shoudl book the hotels's paw-sea pet package that includes three hours of pet sitting, a spa day for your pup, a keepsake gift, and waived pet fees.